Believe it or not, your dream clients are always closer than you think! The secret to connecting with them is to look into yourself. I remember the time when I wasn’t getting clients at all, and it would always puzzle me.
So as a result, I often wondered if I was good enough. The negative self-talk almost took over me until I started getting clients. However, something would still feel quite off. And it was then that I realized this.
The answer lies in how you connect your persona to your clients.
Feeling confused? Don’t be! Here’s how to find your dream clients!
1. Be clear about what you’re solving
You’re more likely to attract your dream clients if they clearly understand the problem you’re helping them solve. Here’s a simple three-step approach to being vocal about your products and services:
- State the problem.
- Describe how you solve the problem and the qualities that set you apart from your competitors.
- Help your client visualize the solution.
If you can express what you do in one clear sentence, you’re on the right track! The last one is so important! If your client can see the result in their mind, they’ll instantly trust your products and services.
2. Put yourself in the client’s shoes
Empathy plays a huge role in finding your dream clients. If you don’t learn to listen, you’ll never be able to connect. But what does listening mean? Show that you understand their situation and have taken the time to STUDY their problem from their perspective. It’s all about putting yourself in your client’s shoes, and here’s how to do it.
- Do your research, ask questions to understand their pain points, and position your offer to speak directly to that pain.
- Understand your client’s personality.
- Make sure you’re giving them what they want and need, whether it’s an offer or a free resource!
What does the client need? Are you hitting the nail on the head with your products and services? Identify your ideal customers by aligning their pain points with everything your brand offers.
3. Build trust by projecting your values
Sometimes, it all boils down to low self-esteem. Your dream client might be right in front of you. But if you don’t believe in your abilities, you’ll find it difficult to project your values.
Ultimately, your client won’t realize everything you stand for. In the worst case, your unintentional passive behavior might appear shady and chase them away. So here’s what you can do to silence the self-critical voice inside your head:
- Customize your conversation. There’s no one size fits all. Take your client’s name while talking to them or type it out when sending them a text or email. They’ll feel valued, also making you feel connected and trustworthy.
- In the same way, tailor your products and services. If your client wants something specific that’s close to what you offer, make sure you have room for personalization. Be flexible with your offers!
- Listen to their business journey. Help them figure out their branding goals and what they might need to do to reach them. Stay with them throughout the entire process.
So the next time a potential client reaches out, remember to focus on building trust by following the above!
You can also build trust and credibility by showing that others trust you – through testimonials, reviews, and media appearances like guest blogs and podcasts.
As a brand, you might have one type of client whose problems you can solve. But there’s always one specific persona that’s the right fit for your products and services.
To find them, find yourself, and never shy away from projecting your values, interests, and how your services can help your clients. After all, you need to be vocal and visible to be heard!